Sunday, January 17, 2010

Working Girl

As of Friday, I officially have a job doing graphic design for the BYU Anthropology department (basically, I help make charts and graphs for the archaeology publications).

Last Wednesday, my crew chief from field school e-mailed me saying that he was looking to hire someone to pretty much be his assistant and that he remembered from field school that I had "good drafting skills and was very detail oriented," and offered me a job right there on the spot. I figured "what they hey," so I took it. I start on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh exciting. I was just thinking about your post-baccalaureate situation and the small job experience you have, this will be awesome for that!

    Plus it sounds pretty cool (and your boss seems to value your skills). I am very happy for you and am missing you.

    As much as people want to bash it, work is cool, especially when it is something you love. For a geek like me I am loving math tutoring because that is just who I am, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is with the incest book? Look pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete